Social Icons

Random Album Review: Immortalis by Overkill


Band: Overkill
Album: Immortalis
Year: 2007
Genre: Thrash Metal
Label: Bodog
Producer: Overkill


I would like to start off saying that I am not a big Overkill fan, I did like the new album that they put out. But over all I have not gotten into them that much. After listening to this album that is going to change. The album has a real clean sound to it. Not like a lot of Thrash Metal bands have. I don't know if the rest of there albums sound this good, but I am going to find out.

What I really like about this album is that it is not at a crazy fast pace like a lot of Thrash Metal bands are. When it comes to Thrash Metal, to me, it sounds like the vocals are trying to keep up with the instruments. It doesn't flow that well, but the lead singers vocals mix so well with the instruments. 4

If you are someone who is not that big into Thrash Metal I feel that you will still like the sound of this album. The instruments have a great sound to them; some really good solos to listen to in this album.

Having said those good things, I would like to say if you think all Thrash Metal sounds the same then you might not like this album. Even tho it is a solid album it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. It feels like (This coming from someone who hasn't really listen to them, so I could be wrong here) that they did what the know, Thrash Metal, and they did it well. Take that as a good thing or a bad thing.

Rating: 8.5/10

Favorite Songs: Skull and Bones, Shadow of a Doubt, Hellish Pride, Walk Through Fire 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...