Social Icons

Album Review: ...And the Wrist of History by Mongo Ninja


Band: Mongo Ninja
Album: ...And the Wrist of History
Genre: Punk/Metal/Rock
Year Released: 2009
Label: Indie Recordings




Well I have to say that this album really surprised me. I was going into this album thinking that is was not going to sound good. It did sound a little dirty but it works so well with the vocals. But I don't know if this album well be more attracted to Metal fans who listen to Punk or Punk fans who listen to Metal.

All I know is that I really enjoyed listening to this album; even tho it is nothing really new. It has a heavy Punk really with a lot of Metal influence. But I am going to say that this is going to be more towards Punk fans who listen to Metal, granted I don't listen to that much punk. After saying that I think that this could attracted some Thrash Metal fans. If has fast pace and really fast solos. Maybe change everything and call the album's genre Punk/Thrash Metal.

Over all this is a pretty good album. This is just there first album they have two others, which I look forward to listening to. But after saying all that stuff, I do not like albums that are full with just short songs. There are 4 out of 13 songs that are at 2 minutes or more. Granted this is a personal taste of mine. And so of the songs I just feel like ehhh at the end of them.

Rating: 6.5/10

Favorite Songs: Brother, Band Aid on Cancer, Gillar Ni Boogie?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...