Social Icons

Random Album Review: Surtur Rising by Amon Amarth


Band: Amon Amarth
Album: Surtur Rising
Released: March 29, 2011
Genre: Melodic Death Metal
Label: Metal Blade
Producer: Jens Bogren

Tracklist:
War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt: Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast Am I
Doom over Dead Man

Well like with a lot of my "Random Album Reviews," I am not that big into the band. This goes the same for Amon Amarth. I have listen to some of there stuff and I really liked it; I have even seen them live. Favorite song by the is "Gods of War Arise."

But this album is great. From the opening slide of the guitar in "War of the Gods," the listener knows that they are about to listen to something great. This album has a mix of songs that go straight into it and songs that have a little build up in the beginning. In "Destroyer of the Universe" it has about a 3 to 4 second build up. You might think that 3-4 seconds isn't that long but for this song it is perfect. I like one of my favorite riffs is in the song "Slaves of Fear." I just love the intro to that song.

Overall this is a very solid album. It is great from start to end. Instruments sound just amazing and the vocals sound really good. The production on this album is really good as well.

Rating: 8.5/10

Favorite Songs: War of the Gods, Destroyer of the Universe, Slaves of Fear, A Beast Am I, Doom over Dead Man


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...