Social Icons

Album Review: Deadly Scenes by 6:33


Band: 6:33
Album: Deadly Scenes
Release Date: January 12, 2015
Genre: Avant-Garde 
Label: Kaotoxin Records

Track List:
1. Hellalujah
2. Ego fandango
3. The walking fed
4. I'm a nerd
5. Modus operandi
6. Black widow
7. Last bullet for a gold rattle
8. Lazy boy
9. Deadly scenes
Are you ready to stop taking listening to Metal so seriously?  Well here is an album that you will enjoy. It is an album that grows on you, within the first song. When I first started to listen to this album I didn't like it. In fact I was thinking about not doing a review on this album, but I told myself that I don't listen to that much Avant-Garde music (If any). I kept listening to the album. And within the first, Hellalujah, song I start singing along with the chorus. With the first song, Hellalujah opening with a choir singing out "Lord Jesus," you think this album going one way then the song kicks in after that. Great clean singing in Ego Fandango.

Then The Walking Fed comes on, this intro sorta has a Native American drum vibe going with a chat going over it. Really good build up to the actual song. My favorite song off the album, I'm A Nerd, comes on. The first song that I feel that the listener can headbang to, but it has a very strange singing to start it off. Modus Operandi, all I am going to say about this song is that the intro creeps me out. They manager to fit in a big band sound with the song Black Widow. Last Bullet For A Gold Rattle, starts off making the listener like they are sitting next to a fire while people gather together and start doing a western musical. 

This album is a fun album to listen to, but the only problem I have with this album is it feels like the band just wanted to put a whole bunch of different genres into one album. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it felt like this album had a direction it was going, but it doesn't. And some, if not most, of the lyrics are just strange/absurd. But this album has really solid songs and is worth a listen to.

Rating: 7/10

Favorite Songs: Hellalujah, The Walking Fed, I'm a Nerd, Black Widow, Lazy Boy




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...