Social Icons

Interview: Kosta Vreto from Wardrum

Band: Wardrum
Genre: Metal
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Members: Kosta Vreto


Interview Though Email with Kosta Vreto

How did you begin playing guitar?
     "Actually I begun playing classical guitar at the age of seven and electric guitar at around 13. I started listening to rock music at about 12, but it was only after I heard Uli Jon Roth play "catch your train" that I knew I had to play electric guitar. The funny thing is that in 2010 I had the chance to play in Uli Roth's band for two gigs in Greece and being able to play on stage the song that changed your life with the person that pushed you in that direction is something that words cannot describe!"

How have you improved since you first started playing guitar?
     "I hope a lot [Laughs]. Well I always listen to a lot of different kinds of music and play as well different styles. It's always a struggle evolving your musical abilities, so i try to maintain an open mind and ears. Also I had the privilege to play since a fairly young age with some really great bands and musicians, so that helped very much."

What guitarist influence they way you play guitar?
     "Well there are so many guitarists over the years, but if I had to name just a few, I would say definitely Uli Roth, Greg Howe, Mattias Eklundh, Frank Gambale and Jeff Kollman."

You play for the band Wardrum, how would you describe the overall sound of that band?
     "That's kinda hard. We try not to label our music, but overall I guess the band best fits in the prog-power genre. We try to have as a guiding point the strong vocal melodies and then build around them interesting harmonies. Everything else just comes naturally since that's the way we play..."

What is the future for the band?
     "Only the sky is the limit. We hope to get out there and get our music heard by as many people possible. We love what we do and love working hard on our goals. So far we released two album in two years. There's a Greek tour coming in Autumn and the road goes on."





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...