Social Icons

Interview: Dan Sorber from Thy Kingdom Gone

Band: Thy Kingdom Gone
Genre: Battle Metal
Year Formed: 2012
Location: New Jersey
Label: Unsigned
Members: Tim Correll - Vocals
Dan Sorber - Guitar
Khalid Ilahi - Guitar
Steve Goldberg - Drums
Scott Schafer - Bass


Interview with: Dan Sorder


Interview Though Email:
What is Battle Metal?
     "Battle Metal is our self proclaimed genre. Listen to the music: tell me you don't want to pick up a sword and lay siege to your neighbor's yard!
     But in all seriousness our music is about a lot of things: it tells the story of warfare, of strife, oppression and never letting go of hope; of one day seeing a hero rise and looking forward to a time of peace. However, lyrical content and themes that reflect ever day life can be found. Introspective themes, from dealing with the loss of a loved one to embracing life and loving to be alive can be found.
     Life is a battle. Stand up and fight for yourself. Fight for what you believe in. Fight for who you love. This is the soundtrack to that life."

What is the song "Tomorrow" about?
     ""Tomorrow" is about dealing with the loss of a loved one and having the strength to carry on."

Where can some one pick up your music?
      "As of right now you can download "Tomorrow" for free as well as stream some of our other promo songs at www.reverbnation.com/thykingdomgone We currently do not have an official release.
     We plan to release a 5 track EP by the end of the summer followed by a full length by years end. Best way to keep up with us is to sign the mailing list at either the Reverbnation page or our homepage www.thykingdomgone.com"

What are your goals for this band?
     "Total world domination! Let the heathens of false music kneel at our feet!
     No really... I've always been one to follow through in what I do. You write some songs, so the next step is to rehearse them. Play some live shows. Record the songs, release an album, promote the album. Start over with the next one. I'd love to be able to make a living on my music again. I did it before so I know it can be done again.
     Come what may."

What is you inspiration to write music?
      "Life, really. I find inspiration in the day to day. I am also a sucker for a good story, so sometimes I get the urge to write one myself. "Tomorrow" and "Break of Dawn" are examples of life inspiring music while "Service of the Blade" is a story, for example."

How did you come up with your name?
     "THY KINGDOM GONE was inspired by the loss of my sister several years ago. When I lost her that's exactly how I felt: as if my kingdom had come crashing down around me. It serves as a reminder of how fragile life is. How in the blink of an eye, everything can change."

When would we be seeing a full-length album come out?
     "By the end of the year we will be seeing a full length release with close to an hour of music. The material is all there. Its just being recorded and mixed. At the end of the summer, we are releasing a 5 track EP as well."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...