Social Icons

Interview: Duncan Nisbet from Core 10

Band: Core 10
Year Formed: 2003
Genre: Metal/alt
Hometown: Orange County
Influences: Tool, Godsmack, Rollins Band, System, Rage

Interview with: Duncan Nisbet (Vocals)

Interview through Twitter:
What is your favorite song to play that you have written and why? "My Favorite song at the moment is live a lie...it has a real slow heavy groove, and i get to put some real rage style vocals on it...It's about someone who started pretending to be something he's not..to the point where he completely lost who he really is."
What is your inspiration to write songs? "Inspiration to write songs usually comes from mistakes I've made... Try to learn from them and turn them into something positive... I've made/make a lot of mistakes...haha so yeah should be plenty more songs to come."
Where was your first show? If you can remember. "The first show that this incarnation of Core 10 played was last July 30th at Hollywood house of blues...we had just taken a 4 year break... And it was kind of a comeback show...we were bringing Sean Lenhoff into the band and hadn't practiced much...hahha But we still had a big crowd and it sounded all right... It was a lot of fun I think I forgot how much I missed it."
How do you get ready for a show? "I usually get ready for shows early...meaning hours before we go on I'll hit the gym and go on a run... That seems to help me focus... Then by the time we're on stage I feel like I've been ready to go for hours...kinda chomping at the bit to get out there!"
Do you have any music available to download? "Yeah We have a 3 song EP that you can find on iTunes...it was produced by Ronnie King (Offspring, Rancid, Pepper), and mastered by Eric Valentine(Queens of the Stone Age, Slash, Good Charlotte) at thunder underground studios in palm desert. We had a really great production team and it came out great."

Thank you Duncan and Core 10 for the interview. I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...